Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back to Knitting!

First, thank you to all the readers that left such nice comments about my sock yarn stash. Someday I hope to show socks out of it all.

Second, I can knit again!! My shoulder and arm took their sweet time, but they did unkink and by Saturday I could knit with impunity. I spent my weekend knitting time working on a sock:

IMG_1125.JPG

I started this grey-charcoal marl because I wore a hole in one of my last pairs of purchased grey socks. I didn't think this would be an exciting knit, but I am really enjoying knitting these socks. The cable pattern with the garter stitch detail (Gingerbread #105, Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 2: Cables) is really fun and easy to knit. I've noticed that a lot of people switch the orientation of the cable for the second sock to make a mirror image, but I don't think I am going to do that. When I get dressed in the morning, I don't want to have to figure out which sock goes on which foot. I tried to take a close up of the cables:

IMG_1127.JPG


Last night, I decided that I needed to work on the La Gran cardi as I'm on the last piece (right front). Something went horribly wrong with the second buttonhole as I ended up with TWO holes! I have no idea what I did, but I needed to rip out 2 rows, which with mohair was NOT fun (just trying to work down to the buttonhole and fix it did not work for me--I had really messed up). Then I very carefully redid the buttonhole and ended up with just one hole. Whew! I want to get this sweater done in October so I can devote November to the ruby Diamond Fantasy Shawl and my Black Purl lace scarf. Plus I want to knit more socks, more scarves, the brocade jacket, etc., etc. I guess this means I should stop blogging and get knitting.

But before I sign off, last evening's sunset was so pretty here, I have to show it to you. Don't you think the colors would make a good sock yarn!

IMG_1130.JPG

No comments: