Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finally, a FO!

This weekend has not been the most conducive to knitting. I spent yesterday with a couple of friends attending a diocesan congress on the Liturgy of the Word. It was very good, but it cut out some knitting time. Nevertheless, I do finally have a FO for 2007.

IMG_1450.JPG
Mitts for Karen in LL Swirl DK Purple Club

Karen arrives on Friday, so I wanted these done in time. They are not a big project, but they are a complete project, and I did manage to adjust the pattern from bulky to DK weight yarn. I will see on Friday if Karen will consent to a modeling shot for the blog. I didn't put them on my hands, as I was recently told that I certainly didn't have a "model's hands." Don't you just love nice, elderly ladies who feel free to speak their minds? As M is fond of saying, age often thins the filter, and the thought cloud is spoken.

Also cutting into my knitting time is my need to finish this:

IMG_1453.JPG
The fourth Matthew Bartholomew Chronicle

Deadly Brew is the fourth book in this mystery series. They are very good both in terms of writing and mystery. The series takes place in Cambridge starting in 1348, the year the Plague arrives in England. In the first book, A Plague on Both Your Houses someone feels that they can slip a body in with all the plague dead and get away with murder. Physician and University Fellow Matthew Bartholomew, though, sees through the sinister plot and ensures that justice is done. I highly recommend the series to any who enjoy medieval or historical mysteries.

Tonight, I hope to cajole my swift, none other than M, to hold some yarn for winding into balls. He has agreed to help, the question now is how many skeins?

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

PCR said...

The mitts look great!
I've been knitting some socks in the LL Purple Club colorway and I just love the colors.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The mitts look great, and I love the colours in them - purple is my favourite colour.

Brigitte said...

Thanks for the book review! I love historical novels, mysteries or otherwise. I'll be checking this out for sure.

I love your fingerless gloves!

Rachel said...

happy knitting! The mitts look lovely, and don't you mind what people say about your hands. Those lovely hands have created many thoughtful gifts, and so are beautiful.