Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Why Will Power is Bad

I have been complimented on my perseverance and dedication, which I have always associated with will power. Will power is great when one has to do enough replicates of a tedious, demanding experiment to get statistically significant results. But when it comes to sock yarn, will power can be carried too far. Late last week, Elsie, knitting guru with no blog, told me that our favorite online sock yarn retailer now had Koigu KPPPM, and she had to have some. None of our LYS's carry Koigu (yes, it's very sad), and so we had never experienced the essence of Koigu. She told me this after handing me a sock and a skein of Claudia Handpaints in Walk in the Woods to fondle. I had to have some. So, we placed a "little" order. Today it arrived!

IMG_1313.JPG
Claudia Handpaints in Walk in the Woods and Eat Veggies

And I couldn't resist another skein of Schaefer Anne, this time in Blue Violets.

IMG_1317.JPG

Here's Elsie's Koigu KPPPM (P426); it's actually a little more purple than I could get it to photograph.
IMG_1319.JPG

Do you think she would notice if I gave her this instead (which I thought was supposed to be blue with just a little brown)? This yarn is from a shall remain nameless vendor, who I have had hit-and-miss luck with.
IMG_1318.JPG

Yeah, I think she'd notice. I better give her the Koigu.

Tomorrow, two FOs!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Yeah, sock yarn is very hard to resist. You always know about how much you need, so it's easy to buy. I'm looking at some Anne for myself; I've never tried it. The stuff you got is absolutely gorgeous!

sheep#100 said...

A very pretty "little" yarn purchase.